Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You again? T minus 52

So I woke up this morning with a familiar pang in my stomach. I had hoped it would go away but it lasted throughout the whole day and got worse when I tried to eat lunch. I was going to wait until my annual exam to discuss it, but my friends pointed out that this happened before and thinking back it has been a bit more frequent and the duration of each episode have been longer. So I went on WebMD and shortly thereafter I called my doctor’s office and made an appointment for that evening.

I got one for 4:15; I didn’t see my doctor until after 5:30, but whatever. I started to feel silly in that over an hour time I had waiting, what if I’m just not careful enough with dairy and I was just gassy. How embarrassing would that be? “Ma’am you seem to be gassy, please take this, but not near people.”

My doctor although busy, is awesome and we chatted, she asked some questions and then had her nurse take my blood, I was able to talk her into going straight for the back of the hand with a butterfly needle. I think I can name the needle I should be able to have it used. My veins roll and I’ve had some bad experiences that left me looking like a heroine addict. I asked about pain meds because I’ve had this pain before and I knew I would not be able to sleep tonight and I was already tired. But I got never got the call and even called the pharmacy to see if anything was called in and they just forgot to call me.




I have a 10am appointment with a radiologist to get an ultrasound on my abdomen. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment: