Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Monday, November 8, 2010

So I finally took it to the streets, T minus 56 - 53

I was not terrible this weekend, but I was not good either. I slept in because it felt right, now my rooms a mess and I’ll be making my breakfast in the morning.

So it’s Monday and thinks went fine for a while. Then as I’m rallying for a evening of working out, Boxing, a mile run and yoga. I made excuses when I ate the pecans and then when I ate the cheese and then came time to change and I then I did it again, I made the excuse that I couldn’t work out because I didn’t have any socks. Now in my defense my feet sweat and I can’t handle the thought let alone the feeling of working out in sneakers with no socks, so I went home. On the way home, I got in trouble with myself for the excuse making, so I decided that I would get socks and workout and then I decided that I need to be taught a lesson. I need to learn that I can’t get away eating poorly and not working and giving such lame excuses. I have no socks!?! That’s the best I could? I bought a whole gym outfit once because I left my clothes. So for punishment for my lazy crimes against my progress I had to run…outside…around the whole block. The block is really huge; it encompasses 4 or 5 developments. It’s a total of 1.83 miles all the way around which I ran (with some walking, uphill) in 24:12.

One good thing about daylight savings is that it’s dark, but not late so people don’t are around, but can’t see the entire jiggle. I enjoyed running and watching my shadow slightly ahead of me. At times I had a nice rhythm going and my mind did clear, but then I my calf would tighten too much or I’d need to breathe better and get taken out of the zone. I’m just excited that I finally took it to the streets and ran outside. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, because the end of it was slightly down hill. The only issue I had or have is my breathing. I managed to sharply breathe in very cold air, so now my throat hurts, but it’s a good hurt. After my run I hightailed it over to the gym for yoga. Yoga helps because part of my overall goal is to be more flexible. I’m a long way off from the splits, but yoga is such a nice way to end a work out and the day.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on the running outside. I actually prefer it now that I've done both. Yes, there's the jiggle, but if I'm outside they only see it so long and I'm gone. Plus the scenery changes help distract me from the pain. I love seeing someone else with an inner drill sergeant bitch. You are doing great.
    P.S. post more....:)

    ReplyDelete