Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Wednesday, November 24, 2010

T minus 42

I no longer scream in pain when using my body! Awesome, but still not going back for more torture. Today is one my best friend’s birthday. Happy Birthday Celine! Our other two friends are out of town for a wedding, but I had already called dibbs and strongly suggested they surprised her with a birthday dinner since they weren’t going to be around. But tonight is my night to surprise her and make her dream come true, a segway tour of DC. Granted we lived there for years I think she just wanted to ride the segway so we rode the segways for three hours! Yes, a three hour tour. At first I was not at all comfortable it, much live roller skating but after awhile I got the hang of it and it was fun, but then there was like another 2 hours left and it was cold. We had that guy in the group that wanted to go fast and zoom around. It would have been fine if he didn’t insist on cutting everyone off. Dear Sal, if there are 10 people behind you crossing the street and you get to the sidewalk, don’t stop right there two feet from the curb, move your ass back as half of the group isn’t in the street, we shouldn’t have to ask you that, thank you. Sorry I was holding that in. Around hour 2 I discover if we had to vote someone off everyone would have voted him off. “Sal the Segway Tour has spoke, please dismount your segway and walk back to the office, no no keep the helmet on.” It was really cold and zipping around the city did not help with the wind chill factor. We warmed up in the bathroom at the Lincoln Memorial, how you ask, under the hand dryers!




We finished up the tour with some taunting from the locals of course and I was never so glad to get off of anything before in my life. Then we headed to a Mexican dinner at Rosa Mexicana. Celine likes Mexican food, but her husband does not, just Taco Bell which is neither Mexican nor food, so we figured we’d treat her to some top of the line Mexican food. By we I mean me and Susie, she joined the festivities. The food was better than I thought it would be and the portions were appropriate sized, not 10 dollars for a serving platter full of fried cheese covered food.

No comments:

Post a Comment