Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, November 2, 2010

T minus 60? Goodness where did the time go?

Okay so I weighed myself after taking what feels like years off from the gym and I’ve gained the Wedding 2.5. I’m back to 225. I can’t even be mad at those same 2.5 pounds; we’ve gotten so close over the past few months lol. Monday night (last night) that old feeling came back. You know the one, where you look over at your gym bag and curse it’s completeness because had it been incomplete you would have had an out. Then think of the wonderful world of laziness that does not include a workout, but includes tv and a couch and either bad food or bad portions. Mmmmmmm House and chips, yeah baby. Then my favorite big brother’s (I’ve only got the one older brother, the other one is younger) voice pops out of nowhere “they say when you don’t want to go to the gym is when you should go to the gym”. Rat Bastard I yell and shake my fist to the sky while I grab my bag and go change. Once I have on the workout gear, I have to work out, I don’t have stylish workout clothes (those cost money) so I can’t just hangout in them.

I get to my dear old LA Boxing and take the Boxing class. It seems like forever since I’ve seen Mikey and Lonnie and I missed those sadomachistic guys with their random playlist. Somewhere in the middle of the boxing class I decide that I should run after my workouts and I should make it at least a mile because I need to keep the cardio up and my endurance. So clearly at his point in the class I’m delirious, sweaty and not thinking clearly. The class ends and I get that itch and I head over to my other gym (I know, but I like having a gym that offers other classes and steam rooms) and the delirium takes a stronger hold on me. I decided to run until the 8pm yoga class because I need a good stretching. Hand to God that’s what my crazy behind thought and did! Long story short, since I did not go home I went hard.

I like Yoga despite my inability to do all the moves like the instructor and my head has yet to reach or touch anything not put to it. I have gotten more flexible which is exciting, in a perverted way of course. I head to the locker room for the dreaded first time in forever weigh in and the locker room is full and I’m in my drench workout clothes and I try to weigh myself, but refuse to accept the numbers I was told right then and decided that a mulligan was in order and I’d redo this after my workout on Tuesday. I was already on the right track with another workout planned and I knew that I was getting back into the routine. Then I went home had a healthy dinner and ate Halloween candy. I know, I;m weak, but seriously why didn’t more trick or treaters come? Why didn’t I dump that candy off at work? Why didn’t I just go to bed?

And thus ended my first day back. I felt so guilty about not posting that I didn’t allow myself to read other posts, so tonight I’m catching up and commenting! I will see if I can find any pictures of me from the wedding. I'm not the best at taking my own picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment