Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanks guys!

I'm less freaked out about my gallstones and I am happy to know what's causing the pain. I have a follow up surgical consult on the 30th, it's the earliest and to be honest I'm not really in a rush to get the ball rolling on this. Although, it would be nice not to have that weird ache in my side and perhaps I'm not lactose in tolerant.

Thinking back to when this first started happening is when I was taking a full course load at NVCC (Northern Virginia Community College) and working full time. I would get home 4 nights a week too late to eat a real meal so I usually had cereal and ended up losing a bit of weight, enough to close my fingers around my wrist. And that was more than 3 years ago. I wonder if they can tell, like some kind of cholesterol dating as opposed to carbon dating.

The good news is that I have insurance and there's some funky math, but if I understand it correctly I'm covered up to the first 7500 for any medical attention and this is the first I'm going to the doctor this year. (I was cleared to exercise late last year). The surgical doctor has a billing department on site do I'll have more answers then.

Funny thing about the phone call, besides the fact that I made the appointment for the sonogram while still in exam room, but waited HOURS to even call the referral. But the lady that took my call was super sweet and half Dominican as well. Needless to say I think I made a friend because Dominican women love our hair salons and we're not a huge community here in the Northern Virginia area, not like in NYC. So we bonded over hair salons and food. She is the first person outside of NYC to know what I when I talk about cuchifritos which are the most wonderfully thing from my childhood in NYC. It's deep fried pork with plantains (plantanos, twice fried green bananas) and my dad would squeeze lime juice all over it. Sweet lord what I wouldn't give for a plat of that...and for it to magically be healthy.

I will keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment