Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Friday, January 7, 2011

Update from last night

Last night went well. 553 calories burned on the elliptical!




I did an “arms up winner crossing the finish line” when I made it to 500. So I need a solid 40 minutes to get to 500 calories. I did some floor work and stretching afterwards. Crunches, planks (the planks were harder last night) renegade rows and supermans. During the superman is when one of the meaty (by meaty I mean large with muscles, I like meaty) trainers comes over and compliments my form on my yoga pose, the lotus. First I think “oh my gosh he’s meaty” then I think “Is he trying to get a new client?” and then I think “I think this is a sign I should stay for yoga”. He goes into the yoga head stand with his knees bent and goes through some more moves and that big guy sure can move. I was a little smitten, but Yoga was starting and he was putting back my dumbbells for me. (Slight swoon)

So yoga was taught by a woman whose due date was at the very least last week, but I didn’t let that make me feel bad for not being able to do all the poses she did for as long as she did. About half way through the class I felt like I really didn’t like yoga and I wanted it to stop. It was difficult holding the poses, but I contribute that to it being my second workout of the evening and pushed through. During the cool down I almost fell asleep, but the coldness of the room kept me up.

After my long hot delicious shower I dressed in my PJs and headed home. Again it was too late to make the mash potatoes so it was looking like a slim fast night, but I wanted to chew and had cheese and crackers. What can I say, I love my cheese. It was probably for the best because today I’m having Pho, either with my cousin who I suspect made these lunch plan with me last night after a few cocktails and will either not remember or be able to come out for lunch. Or I’m having it with a friend/ex-boss, either way, I’m having it and I’m having it good.

This weekend I need to get to this measuring and picture taking business. I’ll ask my sister or someone to take them for me; maybe my cousin and I can take hers. I also think I’m going to move my weigh in day to Monday and I guess I’ll go back to my gym scale since that’s the one I’ve been using. And perhaps cutting off food by a certain time. If I don’t go to the gym in the evening I think my cut off will be 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment