Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I am not Gretel

This morning I’m still flying high on my workout last night and my flip flops. Shower shoes in my bag and I stroll into the office ON TIMEish and this is what I’m confronted with:




Yes donuts, fresh donuts and cupcakes! I mean come the fuck on its 1/11/11, we are eleven days into the New Year and we aren’t even in this day that far and we have donuts and cupcakes! Bitches trying to set me up!

This is what this “snack area” looked like during the holidays, no less than two types of M&Ms, random chocolate, peanuts, not pictured is a tin of popcorn, butter, caramel and cheese.





This is what it’s been whittled down to last night when I left. I took the popcorn and a lot of the candy and put it in the kitchen. I set up the passerbyers, I know but this is about me, they don’t have to eat it. I just don’t need it near me, taunting me.




I came very close to breaking, the donuts I’m told are wonderful and taste like heaven and I want to like one of those cupcakes like you wouldn’t believe. But I think I’ll get some perverse glee in the control aspect of not eating one. I want one because it there and that’s all. I don’t need it. So as soon as my boss pulled out of the parking lot I went to the gym myself and enjoyed a 41 minute workout on the elliptical.



I worked up a good sweat and ran into some people I’m friendly with which is nice. One’s a trainer that sometimes buys Mary Kay from me and she said I looked good, I said thanks despite the scale. (Oh! That thing has budged a bit, it’s around 228. I still need to figure out this weigh in day thing. Maybe I’ll do it on Mondays, to set the tone for my week? Any thoughts on this?) I set my mind on wander and boy that sure does help me get through a workout. I was just going along, day dreaming until the wrath of God shook my being in the form of sweat in my eye. After the elliptical I got on that stationary ab thing that works your lower back…to the Google image search!




It takes a lot of trust to get on that thing, trust I did not have for my oblique’s, maybe next time. I did 25 of those, then 20 pushups, 25 crunches, 20 second plank (front only) crunches with legs straight up followed by 20 side crunches on each side and I finished up with 30 seconds of flutter kicks. I took my time stretching out and it always feels good.

Now I’m back at the office feeling focused and good because there’s nothing like a good shower in the middle of the day to make everything alright, just wish I could remember underwear.

UPDATE:

Oh snap, the statistics class I wanted that was full just had a seat open up. I snagged it and now I'm on my way there. It's until 8, I need some snack/dinner options quick...okay, slim fast no pizza, but there might be time, so, a babybel and a banana, tea and some water. GO!

For dinner I’m having a pita pizza and I’m excited, the only bad thing about this is the sodium content, it’s high, but only if I eat the whole thing, it’s possible, but I’ll try not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment