Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Friday, January 21, 2011

I went back to the smaller gym last night because it’s by a Loft and I saw that they carry 18s and I think I might be able to fit some items there and I wanted to try on their clothes to see if I could. And there’s a whole foods there and I’ve been craving yellow squash ever since Christina had some on her fifth day of clean eating and I just knew Whole Foods would have some. I also wanted to try out the tread climber.

After finding a machine that would recognize that my iPhone was plugged in I was ready to go. I was wrong about the heart rate, I saw 170 a few times, but nothing hurt so I think I’m fine.




This elliptical’s random setting is way more random than the one I’m use to, it never gets to level 20 by itself, but I might have been resting on the hand control for the level, I don’t know.





After I got my 500+, I decided to play with the tread climber for a little bit. It takes a moment to get adjusted to the movement, but once you do you can see how it burns more calories and I felt it in my bum for real for real. I think I’ll attempt to burn half my 500 on that thing on Tuesday. So I guess I need to get use to the smushed feeling of the layout of it all.





Since it is so cramped I decided to do my abs and stretching in the empty studio and as soon as I was halfway through with my first pushup rep a few people came in. Luckily everyone had enough space without invading someone else’s which is what I was going for.

Since I had no place to be but home and in bed and an hour before the gym closed I decided to take my time and up the ante on at least the pushups. I decided to double my 20. When I was in the locker room the girl who was working out with me complimented me on my “routine”. I seriously make it up as I go along. Here’s what had her impressed:

-40 pushups, I usually do 20, but I wanted to be bad ass, but I did these in between the abs as to still have use of my arms

-25 regular crunches

-25 left side crunches

-25 right side crunches

-25 each side - Not sure what this one is called, my gym HAD an class called “Awesome Abs” and this was a move our instructor had just learned at a conference (Yup there was some kind of convention she went to). You do a crunch and at the top you bend to each side holding the crunch, only moving from the hips. Contracting the side abs

-25 crunches, legs extended right over left

-25 crunches, legs extended left over right

-30 seconds each side of making a bridge with my body on my back and extending a leg straight out from my hip, so that my knees a together. I wanted to work my quads since I’ve been squat free for a while. I should do some squats on Tuesday as well. (Monday is cardio and yoga)

-50 flutter kicks (I only count on the right side, don’t want one side of my pending six-pack to be bigger than the other)

-25 lower back crunches, is that even a thing? I lay on my stomach and contract my lower back to get into the superman and hold for a few seconds

And then the stretching, there’s a lot of yoga’s child’s pose, especially during the pushups. I really enjoy the pigeon pose, or my interpretation of it anyway. In this pose I can tell how much more flexible I am because I can fold forward onto my elbows.


I always stretch my legs since I use them so much in cardio and I want them to remember that they can stretch, last night I got more of my upper body on my lower body, but I was standing and that’s a bit easier for me, I think because gravity is nice enough to help out.

Unfortunately I will not be able to work out today, unless I can figure out how to leave work early. I’m babysitting tonight and my niece gets home at 5:30 and I’m taking her to see Tangled. If it’s not too cold we’ll go for a walk first, but it’s cold and I’m not getting her sick. I’ll be fine; I’m going to a Zumba class with my friend tomorrow, so I’ll get my 5 days in of working out. Oh my, as I’m typing this it’s starting to bother me a bit, but its okay, I’ll just stay to my calorie allowance and all should be fine. Dinner will be a creation, the squash and zucchini with orzo, thyme or rosemary, garlic, grape tomatoes and maybe some fat free feta from Trader Joe’s.

I wish all of you luck and strengthen over the weekend and during any challenging moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment