Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Friday, August 27, 2010

8/26/10 – I got a fist bump!

So I was throwing another internal tantrum about going to the gym, this time for my lunch at La Boxing. It’s kickboxing and I enjoy it and it’s a great workout, but I wanted to be sedentary and I don’t know online shop at Amazon instead. But I put on my gym clothes and went. I was a few minutes late, but it looked like the same hated routine from Tuesday, awesome. I lucked out, there were no more 15 pound weights so I grabbed the 12 pounders, those 3 pounds make a world of difference. We started out with renegade rows 10 on each side and a push up in between, so a total of 20 – I still do them on my knees, hence the rug burn.


Then we do burpees or good mornings, I use to have to put one leg back at a time and forward again, but I can finally do these little bastards with some resemblance of the actual exercise.


Then to round out the circuit, we did power squats, now I’m okay with squats, I can do squats, but lord by the time you get to these and you have 12 pounds in each hand and sweat stinging your eye, it’s a bit harder.



That goes on for 25 minutes and our instructor tallies how many we complete. I did 7! And got a fist bump from one of the larger muscley men in my class! Because I did more than him! That was a proud moment for me in my class. And to think I didn’t want to go. I felt stronger too, way better than Tuesday. We finished up the class with combinations and ab work and it was a good workout. And my rug burn got re-burned and I now consider it my battle wound.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! The fist bump. I got the equivalent the other day. So I see this muscle bound dude doing these step-ups on this giant box w/ weights. He's like groaning by the end and clearly it hurts. I tell my trainer, "If that makes THAT guy hurt that bad, I never ever want to do that." He just grins. 10 min later he has me doing the exact same thing only on a slightly smaller box, which is ok since I'm probably 1.5 ft shorter. The walking mound of muscle walks by and says, "See you CAN do it. And you thought it'd be too hard.Way to go." in front of a bunch of other walking mound of muscles. Score one for fat chick! You're doing great. Keep going...

    ReplyDelete