Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Keeping it going 8/24/10

I went to kickboxing for lunch and I really felt like I should apologize to my instructor, I was just dragging today. I have no good reason for it, just excuses and I didn’t even want any of them to pass my lips. I just want to do it and do it well. I had that inner struggle with the fat chick inside of me who wants to quit and eat the pizza my department ordered (bastards). But I kept going and granted I didn’t feel 100% the sweat pouring from my body told me otherwise. And an added bonus, the instructor commented that I looked smaller, that gave me an energy spurt of 3.8 seconds, but it was nice to hear. Four hours later and I’m still giddy, I told him I hope so because that’s the reason I come to see him. Take that 2 pound gain.

My eating thus far has been good; I think I really need to not react to my cravings right away. I had my lunch. Kashi Pesto Pasta Primavera and as always (except the sweet and sour thingy, too sweet for me) it was good and I didn’t feel guilty about having a microwave meal. After I finished I had a something sweet craving and I had some water and I just realized I didn’t give in and I forgot all about it. Luckily I have a banana and a mango for when I have snack. The only down side I would say is the coffee I’ve seem to keep having in the morning. I put sweetened condensed milk in it and I enjoy the hell out of it and that keeps me for a bit so I can have a late breakfast so that I have energy (not today though) for my afternoon workouts.

In other good news, at the end of July my sister K had some clothes she was getting rid of and there was a trench like coat she was going to donate and I tried it on, it was a little tight, but I knew I would need a jacket for when the earth isn’t baking the earth on high so I pulled it. I tried it on last night and I think maybe 5 pounds, if that it will fit perfectly. It would be my first non workout stretchy item of clothing that’s a size L. Trippy!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Kickboxing sounds fun-I haven't tried that. Last week I finailly had the nerve to take a bootcamp class that has an intimidating instructor that I've kindof tried to stay away from. I told her sheepishly that I would stand in the back but would probably only be able to about 1/2 the things in her class. And she said...."that's great, cuz I can't even do my whole class".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! And welcome. Kickboxing is fun and let me tell you I was super intimidated walking into that gym. there are real fighters there, it's a requirement to teach there. But those mean looking instructors are usually really nice and encouraging and good sources for info. Just look at Harvey from Celebrity Fit Club, heart of gold that one ;)

    ReplyDelete