Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I've missed it

So far this week has gone not according to plan, but well. Despite my intentions, I got on the scale and holy center of gravity, I stayed in 22x’s, I was 226! I am amazed and not trusting that those pounds won’t sneak up on me at some point this week, but for now I am happy. I am almost out of this decade you guys! (not sure who I’m talking to, I think I’m 2 of my 3 followers) My Monday two a day did not happen nor did a vegetarian meal and there was alcohol and I ate crappy that day with 2 servings of smoked almonds and coffee for the whole day. It wasn’t intentional. I didn’t buy groceries this weekend so I was kind of winging it and I refused to eat anything bad and that left nothing but almonds and that was hard to keep at a low number (you delicious high fat bastards!). And then there was a delayed gym visit.

It’s been two weeks since I’ve been running and Monday was my first day back. I put myself back to week 5 day 1. That first 3 minute run it was good to be back and there was a spring in my step. That 5 minute run hurt and I was breathing hard and the last 5 minute run sucked balls mainly because I thought it was going to be 3 minutes. My breathing was loud and my legs were heavy and I think my shins got tighter with every step. I was able to go mind numb for 30 seconds, but not much longer, oh I was counting down the time like it was my job. But I felt so frickin’ awesome when it was over because I had done it, I finished it and I didn’t give up and trust me there was a lot of quitter talk. I visualized quitter me being dragged by me and then that got heavy and I made quitter me sit on the curb because in my head I’m running the race in September. (Disgust that crazy) I ran mostly at a 5.5 mph pace, but that last 5 minutes I was at 5.0 – 5.2. I’m proud of me. YAY ME!! Okay, I’m done



Today, Tuesday was my first day back for kickboxing, something else my shins love. Also good to be good back there, I missed it. So the drills are things of catholic orphanage evil nun concoctions and they hurt and when you do them you feel like you will die and when it’s over you kinda want more, strange but true. My dinner plans have been cancelled and I think I might get in my 2aday and do some weight training. I’m not the best at doing weight training, but I think I’m going to give lower weights higher reps a go this evening. But I still have the issue of dinner, there’s really nothing in the house that I would feel comfortable eating. I’ve already had a frozen kasha meal and would like to limit my frozen meal intake to no more than 1 a day. Maybe I’ll continue my quest for good sushi in my area. I’m a sucker for spicy tuna rolls. I’ll let you know how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to stay in a "decade" sometimes isn' it? Always jumping on the scale hoping it went down and not up. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, it is hard, I'm sure I poped out of it the other week, but I'm back at it. And that scale, sometimes it's just a little too honest at times ;) thanks for the encouragement and I hope you get into those Wii games and blog about it, I've been tempted to get a Wii just for the fitness games.

    ReplyDelete