Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Friday, August 27, 2010

8/25/10 My thighs are spreading like rumors

I thought my day would be okay, I also thought I would do well with my eating and it would be a rest day for me. Fast forward to 2 o’clock and I’ve had mac n cheese and a slice of red velvet cake on top of the salad I had order for lunch. Stooopid office birthday lunches! She’s a nice girl and all, but she’s young and eats fast food for every meal I see her eat. Part of it is I’m jealous she can have a McDonald’s breakfast three times a week and her thighs still don’t touch. It just isn’t right. But she did reveal that she’s gained 10 pounds and can’t seem to stop eating. So even “thighs don’t touch” intern girl is having issues with food? I guess we all have our problems.

So I had already crashed from my sugar high and I put in extra hours at work and the last thing I wanted to do at 8 o’clock was go to the gym. I had already decided that with the knee issue a 20 minute run would be out of the question, but a 5, 8 and then 5 minute run with 3 minutes of walking between would be just fine. But lord knows I wanted to just go home and sit on the couch and eat something and then drift off to dreamland. I was chatting with a friend and she said whenever she felt that way she just says to herself “A, your thighs are spreading like rumors!” so I tried it and it kind of worked and is hilarious to boot, especially if you say it in an old Hollywood voice or Roger from American Dad.

So I did it, I ran Week 6 Day 1! I made it all the way through with just a touch of quitter talk. I’m almost up to 3 miles and I think a 5K is 3.1 miles so I think my goal will be to finish the September race in 45 minutes, at the most. But if I stay with my friends I think they may slow me down, they haven’t really been running and smoke, so we’ll see about that. I’m nervous about this race, but excited as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment