Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monday, Monday 8/23/10

I hope I’ve set the tone for my week so far. I haven’t done the math, but I think the eating’s been good, I did have moments of need to shove sweets in my mouth, but I came prepared and I think I’ve done well. I have a bit of anger from a situation that I’m waiting to blow over (I get angry sometimes and it’s not like a scary hulk thing, but it effects me physically, my chest gets tight I want to cry and all of that). So I’ve decided I will harness this negativity in my chest and turn it into fuel for my workouts. I really wish today was a kickboxing day, I’m sure I would be icing my shins right not if it were. It was a boxing day and our instructor did a lot of drills not a lot of hitting but that was fine with me. If I had more time I would have gone for a 5 minute run just for the extra push. Have any of you been able to turn bad moods into workout fuel?

I had a craving for black beans, but I have a hard time accepting the sodium levels in the canned beans, although they are super easy to use. So I soaked some beans and made them last night. I will be trying them for the first time tonight – I hope they’re good. I have vegetarian tendencies so there’s no meat in it except for the beef seasoning (No MSG – that crack is in everything). I just but in colors (red, yellow and green) peppers, grape tomatoes (it’s what we had) and cilantro. And I’ll have that with Trader Joe’s Brown rice and a piece of chicken breast that was marinated in Mojo sauce and grilled on the foremen. I’m getting full just talking about it. Oh crap and avocado, but I think I’m over my daily fat allowance, so maybe no avocado with it tonight. Scratch that just looked it up, I have 16 grams left for the day, but I’m over in protein and carbs (as always). YAY avocado!

I’m also going to try my hand at making some hummus if I don’t get home too late. I just don’t understand why there’s fat in pureed beans. Hopefully I can get away with little to no olive oil and still have something I want to eat. I’ll keep you posted on that.

I am going to the gym again this evening because it’s still a running day. I think I will push myself and do week 5 day 2. I remember when I first did it. I was walking out of the locker room saw the short list – run 8 min, walk 5 run 8 and I remember thinking, sweet I only have to run twice. And I shall think the same again. Just 2 runs and I’m golden, not even going to think about crazy as hell week 5 day 3 run 20…sweet I just have to run once. I did do it once and I was super proud and I can do it again, apparently on Wednesday. The race is coming up so, here we go.
Evening update:

I went running, an 8 minutes run, a 5 minute walk then an 8 minutes run. That second run was a bit harder. I wanted to give up, slow down and press the pause button, but more than that I wanted to it to be true when I wrote in my blog that I DID IT! I DID IT! I think my knee might be a little less than pleased and I have a hot water bottle (kickin’ it old school) on it because I want to go to kickboxing today and participate. I think I may stop by CVS and get a knee brace and see how that works for me because Wednesday is another run day and apparently just a 20 minute run, a run I’m considering skipping and revisiting when I feel 100%. But I did push myself because I was afraid my calories burned and distance would fall short from Fridays and I was not having that. Maybe I’ll push my speed to 5.6 and just keep increasing. I remember when I was barely pushing 4.0.



After my run I popped into the evening yoga class, which makes me feel just really not flexible at all, so by the time I showered and made it home I just wanted to go to bed so I had a sweet potato that was left over from Sunday’s dinner and a slice of Trader Joe’s high fiber whole wheat bread and a tablespoon of low sodium peanut butter and called it a night. So no word on these beans and no hummus was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment