Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another new beginning, Sunday night musings

So it’s the last night of my lazy week. Tomorrow should be an early wake up with an am run with a lunch at La Boxing. Here’s hoping I can get it together. I bought some new workout clothes and am washing my regular ones. With any luck I will have enough to pack for 2 a days for at least six days. And I will try my best to not weigh myself until Saturday between workouts to save myself the horror the last week has done, but I probably will anyway, I’m hardheaded and stubborn.

I like to think of this upcoming week as a recommitment to my new lifestyle. So much has changed so far. I’m a solid 30 pounds lighter than when I started, but like many bloggers I just don’t see it. I mean I sometimes see in a certain outfit or when I notice my clavicle is more pronounced, but day to day, I don’t see it. And a lot of the clothes that I couldn’t fit that were too tight are now too big and my clothing swap pile is growing. There have been two discoveries this weekend, the first is that I can reach my toes better and for longer, I can paint my own toenails comfortable now if I so choose. (I have not chosen to do so as of yet). The second and my favorite, I can comfortable zip up some boots that I was never really able to zip up. One, it’s like getting new shoes, two, I’ve had a lot of stuff that I couldn’t wear. It’s been budget friendly thus far and I would love to get some kind of clothing swap going so that I can continue to not wear baggy clothes.

This week’s challenges:
Birthday dinners and restaurant week: Monday is a birthday dinner, Wednesday is a restaurant week dinner and Friday is a crab crack. I think for tomorrow I will attempt a 2 a day and order vegetarian at the restaurant. The birthday girl is a vegetarian of sorts so I’m sure there will be some dishes and I think I will ask the waiter if half of my food could be packed up for me right away, so it will have to be something I can have for lunch as well. Actually I think that will be my plan for the other two meals, but on Friday I will eat very low sodium and at least 2 bananas, I’m sure there will be tons of sodium on those crabs.

I’m sure many of you have gotten compliments along your weight loss journey and I’m not sure if it’s because of who gave me the complement, but I’ve gotten my favorite one the other day. “The months (we hadn’t seen each other in months and it was before I started this) have been good to you” Please share your favorites or your stand outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment