Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Monday, August 23, 2010

Two Pounds 8/20/10

Weigh in day. So I was up two pounds and two pounds away from being thrown out of my decade. But on the bright side, I was still in my decade, on the gloomy side, I gained 2 pounds. And I did it naked, I actually always weigh myself naked which gets tricky in the locker room, but so far no one has scream “Oh god, why! My eyes! My eyes! There goes my innocence” because I’m stealth like that. And I was going to take a photo, but my phone would add weight so that didn’t happen.

I’m okay with the 2 pounds, but the two pounds, I did go out to eat more than usual and I’m just getting back into the swing of working out again and there’s nothing I can do about those two pounds right now. But next week I can do something about it. I can kick it’s ass and mine and stay on track with my eating and working out.

In other good news I ran again and it was a good run, I felt strong. It was week 5 Day 1 which is 3 five minute runs. My speed for each run was 5.5. I’m still kind of flabbergasted that I am running at all. I remember gym glass and not running the lapse because “I’m never going to have to run a mile in 12 minutes, I’m pretty sure that will not be a requirement for my future career.” While my logic was sound, it was also lazy, but I did show promise, I did run 3 laps one day and a sticker for the fourth lap because I tried. Just wow, I run. I do need to try to run outside, I’ve been keeping it treadmill steady since the beginning except for the race for the cure. Although it’s been hella hot in the DC Metro area for some time now, I know I haven’t seriously attempted a non gym workout since I got overwhelmed in Potomac Mills and nearly sprinted from one end to the other to leave.

I leave you with the photo of my workout summary.


No comments:

Post a Comment