Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Wednesday, September 1, 2010

8/28 & 29/10 Weekend Warrior

So I guess part of getting older means you sleep in less and less, but for good reasons, to get a lot crap into those two days of false freedom known as the weekend. After a long debate I managed to get myself to the 9:30 am kickboxing class on Saturday. I tried to make it to this class every weekend because I’m lax on the weekend with the calories and food and I like it. So we’re in the home stretch of the class the last 5 minutes where he’s cooling us down and messing with our heads and bodies and he says something like “Come on push yourself, it’s not like you’re going running later”. And in my head I say “Challenge accepted good sir, ACCEPTED!”

I can’t get the idea of running a mile straight out of my head, I want to do it. I will do it! I go to my “fancy” gym down the road and I so totally do it and I take the fuzziest picture ever. It’s very hard to take an iPhone picture while run/jogging, but my time was a little over 11 minutes. If I were in high school I would have passed the running a mile in 12 minutes section! Fuck Yeah! America!


It was also my weigh in day 225! It’s a little fewer than 225, but as you can see its old school and I was naked in the locker room so I’m good with 225.



That evening we celebrated my niece’s birthday with some cousins, a pool and pizza. There was deep dish pizza and with that first bite I knew I would be going to that 10am boxing class, oh yes, it was meat lovers and I ate it, I ate it good. With my workload I knew my gym time would be limited and I’ve never been to that class before, so why not? It wasn’t easy, but it will help me with combination punches and I’ve always wanted to look like I could box. I’d never had this instructor before and he was nice and had a great sense of humor and an awesome playlist, I will never workout without hearing Make It Clap the remix with Sean Paul again. And then… I ran another full mile again! Because I wanted to keep the momentum going and two, I wanted a better picture, I hit the pause button this time, haHA! I beat the machine



All in all it was a good weekend and I’m proud of myself for getting up and moving and pushing myself with the mile runs. Today finds me sore and without any clean gym clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment