Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catching up 9/9-13/10

9/9 Thursday
My eating was okay and I went to LA Boxing for some Boxing, surprise surprise. It was another one of the fighters that I see doing some crazy super human things like the drills we have do, but with a weight vest and more reps and perfect form. I admire and hate him at the same time, but enjoy his music selection.

9/10 Friday
Eating was okay as well, all in all, it’s getting back on track and I couldn’t be happier about that. It was getting hairy there for a few days. I went to Kickboxing and my first thought when I parked was “Dear God why the hell am I doing this again!?! UGH!?!” But I went in and did my thing. It was a good workout and when it was over I went to my other gym and decided to take the time and run a mile to see if I could do it….and I did!



At a faster pace, so my time was better. I was talking to a trainer that buys Mary Kay from me and she just looked at me with awe and “you are one crazy chick” when I told her I just got back from kickboxing, but wanted to run a mile faster than I did last week. And while I was at it I weighed myself sweet merciful heavens I had another loss, my weight was 222.5. 2.5 pounds to lose to get out of this decade.! No pic, the gym was busy and I was naked.

I also ran that mile because I was going out to dinner with my best friend and while she does workout as well, we don’t order salads, but we do split an entrĂ©e and get two appetizers and a bottle of wine…it was Friday.

9/11 Saturday

What a day. I woke up early and reflected and remembered.

I had every intention of going to my morning class and running, but a good friend of mine that I haven’t seen in a while had a better plan, early morning yard sale and then we workout and then get ourselves some desperately needed new bras. We ended up walking around Eastern Market and buying fresh veggies and fruit. This inspired me for next week’s meals.

I planned to have egg whites on whole wheat English muffins for breakfast instead of the Kashi cereal I enjoy, cuts down on the carbs. Then I was going to be boring for lunch and dinner with chicken breast and veggies. My snacks would be the delicious peaches and plums I got from the market.

9/12 Sunday
I was so very much going to go to the 10:30 boxing class, but I woke up too early and then fell asleep and missed the class. It was a lovely raining morning and I believe that’s nature’s way of telling me to relax and take it easy. And I did, until the sun came out and then I realized there was so much to do. Blah! We went grocery shopping and I got my veggies and chicken breast.

9/13 Monday



As you can see, I didn’t get the entire workout plan in that I wanted to and my eating was good, except for that middle bit, which set me over my limits. I thought it wasn’t that bad until I figured out the calories and sweet lord, never again. The calories were more than half of what I want to eat in a day. Let me explain (read: let me tell you my excuse) I forgot about an offsite meeting and I lost my will power for sushi and mini desserts, but I got back on track and then derailed again, but for the most part, I was focused. I wanted to get to the gym after work, but I was just done and wanted to go home. When I got home I felt guilty about not doing anything so I took my niece on the long evening walk she’s wanted to take for a while so there was a walk with terrible decisions, but I did do 50 regular crunches and 50 side ab thingies and day 1 of the push up app. I just want to be able to do them not on my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment