Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Monday, September 27, 2010

T Minus 96 - I say good bye to you

In the last 100 days of 2010 I say good bye to gracefully getting in and out of a car. To lowering and raising myself off of the toilet without bracing myself on the sink. Goodbye being able to walk normally after being seated for more than a minute. Good bye to always having full use of my arms and goodbye to laughing without pain in my core. All of these good byes are so that I can say hello to 1XX, hello to not the Plus Sized section of a store, hello to not having to locate my section by the underwear (you know that's where we are, next to the cute frilly bras we can't wear because they don't go past a 40DD, guys if that was what the world was really like, you'd all convert to leg men, just saying). Hello to fitting into dresses I've bought a size (or 2) smaller than my current size.

This past week I said to myself, wow, I haven't done any deadman rows in a while, I think I'll do a couple to see if I've gotten better. Well, guess what we did in class tonight? (That's right I sucked it up and went to the 7:45 class) Deadman rows, 1 push up burpees and power squats. I want to be mad at the power squats with weights, but I've seen my upper back thighs and the runner's in front of me, so yeah, I'm just going to remember that when the pain takes over my body. I also did a weigh check in, 224.2. Better. :)

1 comment: