Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Thursday, July 8, 2010

A long overdue update

It has been a while and I don’t think much has happened. I missed my June weight loss goal by 2 pounds, but I have reached that goal today, I am 229. So, YAY!!!!!!!! I am now in the 220s. I have begun to incorporate morning workouts into my regime so get more calories lost per day. A perfect day would be burning 1000 calories with exercise, but keeping a decent calorie intake, between 1200 and 1400. I have exactly a month to get into that dress and I must say, I have made a lot of progress, like for pone, I can get the dress on and over my hips, but I have 2 inches of zipper that won’t zip. Worst comes to worst it will be worn at my good friends wedding later this year and I need to go out and get a new dress in a month. But I will try my damnest to get into that thing. Today I incorporated some weight training, I should ask one of the trainers, but I don’t know if they cost. I just did 2 rounds on the machines I understood and then did 50 squats with weights, 25 lunges; I really hate those things and 30 dead rows. I should be sore tomorrow, if I did that stuff right, I think I might dust off an ab dvd when I get home to get that going. I might be doing a little overkill, but I’m considering going to a kickboxing class this evening. That would be my 3rd gym visit today, but only my second cardio visit. Does that sound crazy? I know it would to my friend Koo, so I won’t tell her. Whatever, it’s time to step this up and the boxing gym unlike my regular gym (see I know that could come off crazy, 2 gyms, but crazy is over 2000 calories a day and not moving much all day) offers noon classes and I think I might do those while doing my C25K in the morning so I have just enough time to go home eat and pass out by 8.

In less crazier news I re did week 4 of the C25K and I was super proud when I completed Day 1 and scared when I completed Day 3 because the next running day was going to be Week 5. So far, not so bad, intervals of running 5 minutes and walking for 3, is totally doable. I remember running for 60 seconds thinking this was crazy. I notice that I sweat a lot more and can only get 1 use out of my outfits, like the whole outfit, nothing is salvageable. My outfits have changed as well. At the bottom of my work out tops are some drab 2xl men’s t-shirts. I don’t know if I’m ever going to put those back on, my current stuff has color and I like it.
Speaking of which, I came to the realization that I’m not sure of my clothing size anymore. I know I’m an xl or l in active wear depending on the item and its use. One sad thing is there was this outfit that I wanted to wear, but kind of forgot about and decided that the 4th of July shindig I was going to would be perfect, but no, I waited too long and the skirt just kind of hung there like a pink sheet and the top, well the top just made it look sad. Now I’d rather take the weight loss over the outfit, but what do I do with it now? AHAHA! Look for a clothing swap in my area! I’m so smart. I hope something comes of this, I have some cute items I’d like to see go to a good home and I hope to score some new items for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment