Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Saturday, April 2, 2011

A venting entry about my job

What a week this has been. I realized that my job is no longer what it once was or what I want to do much longer. It all kind of came to ahead when my frustrations with our billing department was mimicked by others. I’ve repeatedly been told to be more diplomatic. But I think I was really being told to take it and try to not have them get upset again. I mind that the system we have in place is backwards creates more work for me. I was being accused by the billers that I was entering in the information and then going back into the system and changing it. Riiiight, because my workload is so light and it’s just more fun to do it 3 times. The software creator explained that we are doing it backward and that’s why the error occurs. The chorus of “I’m sorry” was deafening, like five cotton balls all hitting a down pillow at once. But I’ve since let that go. What I can’t let go is the bending over backwards to make their job easier while making ours harder. Our department works fine together, we have stressful times around closing, but that comes with the territory.

My department rocks, but it was still no surprise when the AR lady in my department gave her notice. For as much as trouble as I have with the billers, her’s is tenfold because she needs more contact with them and it’s getting to the point where all the extra steps we have to take is ridiculous and most of them feel as though treating us like people isn’t necessary and, love my boss, he doesn’t really stand up for us. He makes our deadline to them soft, in turn screwing us on our deadline, but I think he’s starting to get sick of it as well. Long story short, I don’t want to do what I do. With our company growing, so has my workload, but my opportunity to do or learn more has decreased. Because of my current work load and future workload, I can’t take on any additional responsibilities. I wanted to learn the AR side of operations, but I had no time, so someone else in the department “got” to do it. She is not pleased.

Oh, and I had a quiz on Thursday in Statistics and while I thought I had my shit together, I in fact did not. I’ve got my fingers crossed for partial credit and some magic. I wish I had time to attempt the extra credit problem, but no. And to make that day even more spectacular, I had to go to work afterwards to get my 3 check runs done (those deadlines for the billers that got pushed back made that necessary) because Friday was the AR girls last day. I had the cake.

At least I feel I have a better understanding of the material and my homework grades have been better, all 100’s, well, one was 97.8, but I rounded up. I’m also feeling better about my Applied Calculus class; I’m getting a grasp on it. I think I need to get another notebook for problems and get work a few each day so I can remember them. My teacher is right, it goes in and then it falls out when I don’t do anything with it. I just have to be on top of this for a few more weeks and the semester will be over. I hope to start a University next spring and truth be told, if my job would pay for that upfront I would totally stay, but I think that’s not the best for me. Time to start looking at scholarships and ugh, essay writing. I don’t want to take out anymore loans at all; I’m still paying those back.


This week was not fun, but it is over so that's good.

1 comment:

  1. I think that we all have times in our livesthat we really do not like our jobs. I guess that we just have to be thankful that we have jobs. I wish you all the best this week.

    ReplyDelete