Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 2 of the detox

In addition to the salad dressing, I also had a few sunflower seeds and 3 prunes. Not horrid choices, but not a part of the detoxing.

So from my last two posts you can see that I did in fact go to the gym and while there I weighed myself with some less than pleasing results, for which there were no words, just pictures, and this number 234. That's right, I'm back to fighting my way out of the 230s. Thank goodness I was at the gym and I got my reality check. I was ready for a fight out of the 220s, but this blew my mind and then I thought back to all the things I ate and all the things i didn't do. I can't blame the scale, I ate it, I didn't move. *sigh*

So I got a bag of lettuce, a bag of shredded carrots and a bag of shredded red cabbage, and a jalapeƱo. I meant to get chick peas but forgot. I also made this dish up. It was originally inspired by a summer salad a Starbucks that manage to cram a lot of fat into it.

I took 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans, rinsed them and rinsed and drained them. Added 1 packet of sazon, the badia brand because it has no MSG, added some left over Pico de Gallo and a healthy dose of crushed red pepper flakes.




I was hungry so I mixed it with brown rice. But you can eat it hot or cold as it is.



I'm probably going to have the same thing for dinner. Thank goodness I don't get tired of the samething easily. I never understood the whole, I can't have blank because I had it for lunch.

I'm running a bit late for class, I want to get this entry in first. I have gym clothes for a workout after class, school has helped me be lax on the workouts, but I did it before, I can do it again. I'll just be tired.


UPDATE:

I did it again! Yay! Also, I got on the scale again, naked and I somehow lost 4 of the pounds I gained. The scale was nicer with 229, but now I'm confused. I'm going to stick with 234 and weigh in on Monday.




Last Posts' Comments:
Bluberri, the feeling does tend to pass about 5 to 10 minutes into it and even if I still feel blah, I can do at least 45 minutes of it with the right playlist. What are you listening to? I’ve lost my playlist when I got a new laptop. ITunes needs to be better about the transfer thing.

Ms. H, I want to go natural, but I’m scarred I’ll hate it, but all sings point to me loving it. I’ve stopped every natural woman I know to ask questions. But for real, what if my head looks funny? LOL Glad you liked the comments, I need a laugh, I guess this 10 pound thing is catching. Btw that race cruise looks freaking awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you showed a loss. You dish looks so fresh and delicious, yummy!

    ReplyDelete