Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am looking forward to surgery

Not because I’m immense pain and can’t keep anything down, like Doc (Still sorry about that, it sounded like one of my episodes that lasted forever). I’m looking forward to a week off. I am taking the full week off afterwards, I don’t care that the auditors are coming, I don’t care that someone has a question that has been answered in one of the reports or emails I sent out. I am done. I am going to stay home and see what’s going on with General Hospital and One Life to live. What 30 minute melodrama do they have in the 12:30 slot? I don’t know, but I will. This is what “over it” looks like. Don’t get me wrong, my boss is awesome; I even think his boss is awesome, but I do a lot and have been doing a lot. The only bummer is I can’t exercise, I asked 3 different ways and all I got is, you can walk around. Walking it is then! And school work.
Wow, I feel much better about after that rant. Thanks for listening.

Now on to the weight loss part of my weight loss blog:
I have discovered apples and I love them. Before I had a hard time getting the skin down, but with lots of chewing and a lot of water, I’m golden. Fuji’s rock my world, my father use to pick me up from school and I’d ride around with him for hours and he would always get me a granny smith from one of the many fruit stand in the city (NYC). It’s a fond memory of mine, riding around the city with my dad after school, but I am not fond of the granny smiths, lo siento papi.
Gym, what’s a gime? Yeah it’s been that long. My calendar got filled and my workday overloaded I haven’t been back all week. I hope to get in there on Friday. My eating has been okay, it could be better. I have not been journaling or portioning and those two things help. Seeing that I have 200 calories left will keep me at 200 for dinner, crazy as it sounds it works. There has been snacking and there is this:




I know I need to get back on track because that track is leading to a healthier me. I really want to shop on the other side of the store and on the other floors in the department store and not just near the underwear, you know that’s where they all put the plus size section and for crying out loud we never gave up on fashion. But the fashion rant is for another day when I attack crew neck knit tops and elastic pleated pant that is somehow ankle length no matter the person or season.

Last Post’s Comments:

Doc, I never mean to stay away long, but I like to have something to say besides “All work no play makes Stephanie go crazy” LOL

Lanie Painie, Love the name. You must be new, welcome. Your right I have to stop thinking that working out is a trip to the gym. Our toilets at work require 2 flushes regardless and I try to do squats or something while waiting for the toilet to refill. Good advice.

Pretty Pauline, long time reader first time commenter? Welcome. I like this idea of doing something before a meal and I like that these are some serious moves. Mountain climbers suck so much, but I would like to up my stamina on these.

Thanks for the comments ladies, they have lifted my spirits, I think they might help direct my car towards the gym after class tonight.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you're back. You're not ever boring so even if you feel like there's nothing to say, just post something.

    oh Apples. How I love thee! Try pink ladies, they will rock your world. Or, braeburn. or HONEY CRISP. or jazz, or sonya. There are so many types and they're awesome.

    After surgery my doctor told me to do what I wanted. The first few days I wanted nothing. I went back to exercise about a week later and I over did. Walking or biking gently is a good one. Then after about 2 weeks I got better. By 5-6 weeks out I was walk/jogging my 5K. Don't worry. It will set you back, but not by much. Certainly not as much as those cute little pink and red M&Ms. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete