Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Saturday, February 19, 2011

Girls without gallbladders do it better

Today was surgery day. I had to be there by 6am; my super awesome friend came over last night to spend the night so she could take me. I made her a packet with magazines, sour patch kids and directions to nearby shopping places. It was the same hospital my mom was in, so that as a little hard, but I remember everyone there being really nice and caring so I chose that hospital despite the memories. Everyone was super nice and I felt taken care of and it helped the nurse that checked me in saw me out. ORs are way better lit than the medial dramas would have you believe, at least mine was. I didn’t break down in tears, but when I came too I was in tears. That was some kind of pain, but that was taken care of. The last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist telling me “this might burn a bit” I was about to say “that’s not something you should tell someone.”, but I didn’t get a chance to because I was out and felt nothing, until came to that is. I just remember the pain and the nurse trying to calm me down and get me to breathe deeply. It took a while because of the pain, but I eventually I did and then my bed turned into a chair and then things started happened and I was home before noon. My Super Awesome friend watched me for a bit and I dozed in and out of sleep for a few more hours and some family and friends stopped by with soup and these.




And I got this from my co-workers


3 comments:

  1. That is some beautiful fruit!! Prayers going up for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon! Great flowers and yummy edible ones too!

    ReplyDelete