Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm here, I'm here

There been a lot of emotional crap that has happened in the past couple of weeks and while I want to tell all, I’m just not comfortable with expressing it. I’m the type of person that internalizes it and try to work it out on my own. I don’t think I even know how to freely rely on another person comfortably. So with that said, I’m in a weird mind space and I’m working through some things that are a bit bigger than I ate that cookie.

But on to better things. On Friday I left work “early” (at 4, I already had 40 hours by 11am)and went to the gym. Did I have a calculus take home test to take? Yes. Was it due Saturday morning? Yes? Was it the wisest thing to do, going to the gym and working out? Yes. Why? Because I needed it and I missed it. The gym trip unfolded nicely. I was on the elliptical for a little over 20 minutes and I noticed the Friday Zumba class was starting and I thought, that should be fun and I’m over my 250, passed my half way point, I’m sure I’ll burn 250 calories in an hour of Zumba.





I prefer the Zumba classes that have a Spanish soundtrack. I don’t know why, but when its rap it just feels like one of those Bally classes (nothing against those classes) that try to teach you the latest moves so you can go to any hip hop club and impress. Which is never what happens by the way; I’ve never seen anyone win a dance off with Bally Hip Hop class moves. Maybe the Dominican in me, but I salsa music just makes you want to move more. I’m still uncomfortable watching myself doing those moves, it just looks wrong an awkward.

When class was done, I asked about the old school salsa song and the cumbia song that was played, the two slow songs I might add, but they’re great songs. Cali Pachanguero and Mil Horas respectively. I was feeling good and pumped after the class, while it was fun, I didn’t give it my all, not like the last class I went to with T at her gym, the teacher was just that good. Not that this teacher wasn’t good, that teacher was amazing. So I still had some more gas in the tank and I want to get back to where I was so I got on the treadmill and see what I could do. And I ran this:




My speed was under 5 the whole time, but it felt good to run again and my knee wasn’t hurting, but it could be better. That was Friday and it’s Monday and my knees don’t seem to be worse for the run; which is great news. I think it’s time to invest in some new running shoes, my current sneakers are years old and are torn up inside. It’s time for new shoes and running outside. My friend E has been running outside so I might see if she wouldn’t mind if I tagged along with her on one of her outdoor runs If anyone who’s started out on a treadmill and then ran outside know that there is a whole hell of a lot of a difference. Since starting back running (yes I’m declaring a comeback after 2 small runs) I’ve tried to treat it more like an outdoor run I don’t bounce as much, I keep my steps low to the ground because you don’t over much ground hopping along.

I always feel like I’ve had a good workout be the amount of sweat that’s in (on?) my clothes when I take them off. I had a good workout and I will spare you from a picture, but I sweat here you sweat, I promise you. Kind of makes the stretching I did on the floor kind of awkward. But I still can’t do a bunch of squats and power squats are still a few weeks away I think and lunges feel wrong on my knees. I’m not pleased at how slow that’s going because everyone says squats are the best thing you can do and there’s no better sore than squat sore.

My goals for this week are to log my food and stay under 1300 calories and workout at least 3 times and blog at least once a day. I’ve let school and work take over and while I want to spend more time on school work I want to spend less time on work. But I’ll save that for another post.

I would like to take moment to spot light my latest obsession:



I’ve been a die hard 0% honey Fage girl, but I decided to branch out and one I had the blueberry one it was over, I was in love. I hope to find the mango flavored one because I love mangos. I also hope to find a comparable blueberry preserves so I can get the large plain Fage yogurts.




Past Post’s Comments:

Ms H, it was a good workout. I was concerned that when I went back to the gym it would be like starting back at one. But I still have the stamina to complete the cardio and I’m glad that restarting running wasn’t like when I first started running. I would have gone through C25K, but I’m glad I don’t have to. And I’m looking forward to reading your post on your trip!

Doc, you know what I missed you a lot too and I felt bad every time I was going to post and didn’t. I was like “Man, I bet doc things I gave up and don’t care about her or me anymore, but I do. What’s her super nanny making her this week and what belt is she up to now? And is that jealous coworker of hers giving her any trouble, she better not if she knows what’s good for her.” LOL

1 comment:

  1. Finally! I was about to send out the search party. :)

    Glad to see you back. I'm still around. Super Nanny is still super and jealous co-worker has been lying low. I am struggling this week, but I will not quit.

    ReplyDelete