Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting back on track

So this week I’m starting fresh. My plan thus far, since mid March was to exercise at least once a day and eat well during the week. By well I mean something a kin to the detox portion of Fat Smash. I diet that helped me lose weight, but I treated as a diet that I eventually stopped eating by and gained back I believe more than what I stated out at, which is how diet math works. Restart weight is always more than previous start weight. My goal is to continue to eat detoxy-y during the day with a sensible dinner, doing my darnest to keep my caloric intake as close to 1200 without going under a day; while burning at least 400 calories a day. The 400 calories are doable on a 30 minute session on the elliptical. I would like to burn a thousand calories a day – I’m not sure if that’s crazy, doable or even advisable. And I’m not due to see any type of doctor until the end of the year, god willing. So I’m not sure if my goal is “advisable” so until I hear otherwise that will be my goal.
This past week I kind of went free and loose with it because of finals, midterms and study groups (read: excuses excuses excuses – my midterms did not call for Oreos). At first I didn’t understand how I gained 1.5 pounds, but thinking back to all the moments I ate without thought, I see clearly how that happened and not all of those moments were worth it, Panera, I’m looking at you. But I feel good about my new calorie loss goal, as long as I get 400 I’m happy, if I can get my 1000 a day I should be losing this food baby I’ve nurtured for some time now.

With that said I do have a few challenges coming up:
Challenge:
Lunch out for a co-worker’s graduation at a wing place
Solution:
I get to eat the grilled chicken salad with no cheese, croutons or bacon – they really do make salads unhealthy

Challenge:
Dinner out with a friend to a really nice restaurant with cheese and meats and wine
Solution:
Eat it, I’m not dead and I’m going to enjoy this meal, but I will fill up during the day on a butt load of leafy greens. They are filling and low in calorie. I will pace myself during the meal with water and try to avoid those creamy looking sauces…just going to try to avoid sauces all together. I will take a look at the menu before I go and try to figure out the calories and fat for what I plan to have. I will also be going to a boxing class the next day to work off any fat that might want to stick around.


UPDATE:
Goal was achieved, 1271 burned with excerise and calorie intake was 1336!

No comments:

Post a Comment