Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Sunday, May 2, 2010

The begining

One evening, while working late at my very sedentary job, which I loved and I moved my arm to my side and felt a fat roll that wasn't there before. I had noticed the enlargement of my tire a few weeks prior, but ignored it because that just couldn't be true, it must be the way I'm sitting/standing/laying. But that November evening there was no ignoring the fact that I was getting fatter. I shut down my computer and headed straight to the gym by my job. I didn't bother with the tour all I could think was I NEED to do something about this.

No one said anything about my weight gain, but again, I had noticed parts of me were bigger and clothes were tighter. I was shocked when I went to the doctor's in and found out that my weight was (I can't believe I'm going to tell you this) 265. I think my heaviest was 25x and here I was about to turn 30 with bad eating, drinking and partying habits.


I made some small changes and tired to get to the gym 3-5 days a week and possibly made it about 2 times a week. I had a follow up appointment and I had lost a whopping 3 pounds in a month. I let that discourage me and I ate my feelings as I had so many times before. And I kind of gave up on myself for a while...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment