Natural Hair

This isn't cute anymore:

I’m 31, the new 30 and I’m closer to my goal than when I started this blog. Now I’m trying to stay on the path that will get me healthy and on the other side of the clothing store. I’ve had my revenge moments and they felt great. Now I’m ready for more of those great moments, maybe this year I’ll propel down something, who knows. But I’m held back by 40 less things.







Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Answer: Hard

Question: How have you fallen off the wagon?

It started Thursday night; I just finished a certificate course and got my certificate. Then me and my classmate partner celebrated with food and drink and merriment. *sigh* Rookie mistake number #1 celebrating with food. Fried, processed yummy food. I know what you’re thinking; I can just start over at the next meal and learn from that mistake. What I recall about Friday is my reunion with Ben and Jerry, dear dear old friends of mine, only smart choice was that I got it in a cup. But on a whole 2 scoops on a Friday – not terrible. Then, we happened upon a fair. Yes a full blown tilt-a-world, Ferris wheel, cotton candy, funnel cake fair. Side note: Fairs are rip offs, it was a dollar a ticket and the crappy rides were 3 tickets. So an hour and half later my fingers are sticky from the blue and pink cotton candy and I’m in line for some funnel cake, 1 for 3 people, I’m not that crazy. Deep fried Twinkies and Oreos do exists and I questioned my order briefly before declaring it mandatory to eat funnel cake at a fair. The rest of the weekend is a blur, there was the cinnamon bagel at Panera because it helps me study and a latte, I’m doubtful I got 2%. And there was no working out this weekend either.

So all this and surely I get back on the wagon on Monday, until dinner time and I apparently lose my mind. Restart on Tuesday, yeah no, got NY style (should be call NY-esque) pizza with gorgonzola cheese on it, I know right? So now it is Wednesday and I may have come to a wind down. I had sushi for lunch and I’m thinking I might have been craving some good fat? I don’t know just trying to find an excuse for my lack of self control, but I have purchased some gummy omega 3 vitamins just in case that’s what happened. So I have about 200 if I want to stay close to 1200 and 500 if I got by my allotted amount of calories left for the day and it’s 3pm. I should be fine – it’s a C25k day so that should get me about 300 burned calories.

I have been keeping up with the C25K, I’m on week 3 and wow, running for 3 minutes is a bitch. I had to slow down, I was up to speed 5.0 at the end of week 2, but I had to slow my speed down to make it. I also have to revisit my playlist and get more pumping music. I’m just having an internal struggle with food and being able to get to the gym as much as before , but school is a good reason I think and Pre-calc requires time and effort, just one more week and I should have some time freed up. Unless I take another class in its place which is something I can see me doing – maybe I should take a break to enjoy the rest of the summer before the fall semester starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment